Friday, April 15, 2011

Notes For Easter Break

In Costa Rica, people seem to be more interested in crucifixion than the Easter Bunny.
I'm not a big fan of crucifixion OR the Easter Bunny, so this picture will have to do.
First of all, I hope that you all have a great Easter Break, whatever you do! Remember that there's no class on Saturday, April 23rd. That means you'll have to go two weeks without seeing your Favorite English Teacher, but I'm sure you'll get through the withdrawal symptoms... somehow.

In any case, you don't have any new assignments over Easter Break IF you are up to date with your previous homework and blog assignments. If you've NOT been doing your blog posts or commenting on your group partners' blogs, this is your big chance to get caught up. Remember that according to what we negotiated in class, the blog posts will count as 25% of your final grade, so be sure to make them count!

In the week after Easter I'll be posting an assignment related to a résumé; basically, the assignment will be that you'll need to write your own, personal résumé. I'll give you a few examples then, but you can also start looking for them on the Internet now, if you've got nothing better to do next week--haha!

So, once again, during Easter Break take care, have fun, eat your veggies, don't do anything I wouldn't do (and if you do, then name it after me), don't forget to floss, and remember to put down the toilet seat when you're done! See you again on Saturday, April 30th!

3 comments:

  1. hi teacher!! sorry I lost your email.. I can´t go this saturday to class because I have to work on that day.. so... I just wanted you to know, thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey melissa, and Ryan amalia and i have problems with the final presentation, could we do it next saturday , it because we are full of exams... and we havent had time to practice it :) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, you guys are falling apart on me! So far three people have told me they won't be in class tomorrow, and they were presenters, and now you two won't be able to do it, either... Well, we'll just have to see how things work out. It'll probably be OK, but you may be a bit rushed if everyone's presenting in the final class.

    ReplyDelete